Important Policy Decisions taken and major achievements during June months:
MINISTRY OF CIVIL AVIATION
- Cabinet committee on economic affairs in the meeting held on 14.06.2022 has accorded its approval to take up development of phase – 1 new greenfield airports at Dhoera, Gujarat at an estimated cost of Rs. 1305 crore ( rupees on thousand three hundred and five crore only )to be completed within 48 months.
- Passengers carried by domestic airlines during Jan-May 2022 were 478.81 lakhs as against 312.23 lakhs during the corresponding period of the previous year thereby registering an annual growth of 53.35% and monthly growth of 471.10%
- 02 new RCS routes commenced in the month of June 2022.
- 370 Drone were registered and a unique identification number ( UIN ) was issued for them in the month of June 2022.
- 155 Remote Pilot certificates were issued in the month of June 2022.
BUREAU OF CIVIL AVIATION SECURITY (BCAS)
A. 19 Security Audit of airports carried out
B. 27 Security Monitoring/surprise checks carried out.
C. 13 Security tests were carried out to test the efficiency of the security system
D. 17 Security Survey of airports carried out.
E. 33 Security Vetting of airports carried out.
F. 21 Approval of security programme accorded to Scheduled Operators/ Private/ Non Scheduled Operators/ Concessionaire/ Catering/ Regulated Agent/ Fuel Form Security Program/ Ground Handling Agency/Flying Training Organisations.
G. 2123 Aviation security training program conducted for persons.
AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA (AAI) TRAFFIC TREND:
The monthly Traffic Reporter for the month of May 2022 has been prepared and uploaded on the AAI website. The broad highlights of Traffic Reporter for the month of May 2022 and (April—May) 2022-23 are as follows:-
MAY, 2022 – During the month of May 2022, all Indian airports taken together handled 210.77 thousand aircraft movements (excluding General Aviation Movements), 26.85 million passengers, and 271.05 thousand tonnes of freight.
(APRIL— MAY) 2022-23 – During the period of April — May 2022-23, all Indian airports taken together handled 409.29 thousand aircraft movements (excluding General Aviation Moverñents), 51.20 million passengers, and 540.26 thousand tonnes of freight.
A. Airports Council International — Airport Service Quality (ACI-ASQ) Survey
During June 2022, the ACI-ASQ survey at 13 AAI airports was conducted successfully.
ALLIANCE AIR AVIATION LTD.
A. As on 31.06.2022, Alliance Air is operating at 50 stations with 120 departures per day.
B. Fleet Strength and On-Time Performance- Alliance Air has a fleet of 18 ATR72-600 aircraft and 01 Dornier 228 and an on-time performance of 74% in June 2022.